Rugby is the one of the football game. It was started around the year of 1845 in Rugby school , Warwickshire,England. Rugby divided into two sports in 1895. One is rugby union and the other is Rugby League.The rugby union have the 15 players in a team whereas in rugby league have the 13 players in a team. Rugby union turned fully professional in 1995. Both games are run by their respective world governing bodies . Rugby football which is in the shape of oval, it was one of many versions of football played at English Public Schools in the in the 19th century. initially rugby league analyse and follow the rules of rugby union .later on rugby league formed their own rules to play.
Rugby union is now a popular sport around the world, commonly known as rugby. One of
The two codes of rugby football, is based on running, is based on running with the ball in hand. In its most common form. a game is conduct between two teams of 15 players using an oval-shaped ball on a rectangular field with H-shaped goalposts on each try line.
Rugby union played by male and female players of all ages. there were more than 6 million people played worldwide in 2014,in that 2.36 million players were registered .rugby union (world rugby), previously called the International Rugby Football Board (IRFB) and the International Rugby Board (IRB), has been the governing body for rugby union since 1886, and currently has 101 countries as full members and 18 associate members.
Rugby union spread from the Home Nations of Great Britain, Ireland and many countries which are associated with british empire were absorbed this game. later on it is included in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and France.
The first international game was conducted at Raeburn between the England and Scotland in the year of 1871.
First world cup:
In 1987 the first rugby world cup tournament was conducted between Australia and newzealand,and newzealand won the match .the first world cup sevents tournament was held at murrayfield in 1993.rugby sevens was introduced into the commonwealth games in 1998 and was addwd to the plympic games of 2016
Each team starts the game with 15 players on the field, in that 7 or 8 substitute’s players in a team are divided into eight forward and seven backs.
The main function of the forward players is to gain and retain possession of the ball. Normally these players are bigger and stronger and take part in the scrum and line out. These players are frequently referred to as the “pack”, especially when they are in the scrum formation.
- The front row consists of three players, two props and hooker. The role of two props is to support the hooker in scrum,to provide the support for the jumpers during line outs and provide strength in rucks,mauls. The hooker is the key position in attacking and defensive play .
- It has the two locks or lock forwards. Lockers are normally tallest players in a team.the main function of the lock in lineouts is to make standing jump supported by the other forwards to collect the throw ball.
- This is the final row of the forward positions, referred as loose forwards. It has the 3 positions in the back row flankers and no is 8. Two flankers called blind side and openside flanker who are most mobile forward in the game.the no 8 packs down between two locks and back of the scrum
- The back”s are smaller and faster and more align than the forwars is to create and convert point scoring opportunities.the backs are have the superior kicking and ball handling skills in fly half, scrumhalf, and in full back.
- It has the two positions which are scrum half and fly half. They usually receives the first ballfrom scrum half following a break down,line out. The fly half are goal kickers for the teams game plan and for the team performance. The scrum half are receives the ball from line outs and removes from scrum back .
- There are four three quarter positions which are inside centre, outside centre and right and left wings. The centre are tackle attacking players, who provides strength and speed to breach opposition defences. The wings are placed at the outside of the backline to finish of the moves and score tries.
- They are normally placed themselves metres behind the backline. These players performs the opposition kicks .the main role of fullback players are good dependable catching and good kicking game.
Rugby Top 5 ranking Nations are as of 2019 Feb
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.